Thursday 15th September 2011,
The club committee were given a tour of the new £53million college campus by Head of Sport, Mr Shaun Hope and we are very grateful. After the tour we sat down in one of the very smart new conference rooms for a committee meeting. Highlights of the meeting:
- The success of the club fundraising team, over £2000 raised so far this year (Up to September) for various charities including the Japan Tsunami Relief, Clic Sargent and Sport/Comic Relief.
- Fundraising for the club has allowed us to pay for almost all travelling to external training courses/events so far this year (Over £3000 so far)
- Hall Hire Increases at Belle Vue Sports Centre & General increases in operating costs (due in part to the 20% vat rate) have led to a slight increase in lesson prices, effective from 1st October. 1 hour = £3.50(+50p) / 1.5 hours = £4.00 (+50p) / 2 hours = £5.00 (+£1.50). Pay Monthly will continue to be offered as a reward to those who wish to train more frequently.
- Committee Personnel – The club is now looking for additional volunteers to help out, and perhaps become members of the committee, please speak to Julie Salmons for more information.
- AGM – set for Wednesday 9th November at Owton Manor Primary School, 7-9pm. All items for the agenda must be submitted in writing/via email no later than Friday 21st October.
- Lesson Plans are continuing to be used effectively, we’ve now adopted a streamlined ‘schedule of work’ which simplifies the process significantly. For more information on this please speak to an instructor.
- Grading Application Forms: These are now compulsory for ALL students wishing to take a belt test.
- 2012 Events – Some HW dates have been set already, we are awaiting confirmation of event dates from Aiwakai to finalise the rest.
Two of our senior students, who also happen to be best friends, will very soon be testing their athletic endurance in the name of charity.
Chris, along with his wife Lisa, will be taking part in the famous Great North Run on Sunday 18th September to raise funds for the British Heart Foundation. The takes thousands of people each year running, walking & crawling through the heart of Newcastle City. You can sponsor Chris & Lisa here, or you can sponsor my friend Jamie (who’s also raising funds for the British Heart Foundation, by clicking here.)
David will very soon (23rd – 25th September) be taking part in a massive bike ride in aid of ABF Soldiers Charity & SSAFA. This 180 mile bike ride will be tough, but will take in some of the beautiful North East of England countryside. You can sponsor David on any of our club training nights.
If any more of our members are taking part in activities like this, then please let us know and we’ll do our best to support you.
Sunday 27th November 2011, Belle Vue Sports Centre, Kendal Road, Hartlepool, TS25 1QY
We’ve just put the finishing touches to our next Inter-Club championships, you can download the entry form here.
This is the first Inter-Club competition exclusively for those under 16 years of age that we’ve run so we’re really looking forward to seeing how it turns out. We’ve got Individual Kata, Pairs Kata and Individual Kumite events planned with the pricing designed to encourage competitors to give both Kata & Kumite a go. Entry fees as always have been kept to a bare minimum so we really hope to get the support from our karate friends to make the event a success.
Let us know if you’re planning to attend…
As part of the clubs goal of continuous improvement, we’ve created a new survey which lets our members tell us what they think about the service we’re providing.
The survey is only 8 questions, with plenty of space to comment and add personal feedback. It’s completely anonymous too so we hope that people are honest in their feedback.