Committee Meeting Highlights – Important pricing information –
Thursday 15th September 2011,
The club committee were given a tour of the new £53million college campus by Head of Sport, Mr Shaun Hope and we are very grateful. After the tour we sat down in one of the very smart new conference rooms for a committee meeting. Highlights of the meeting:
- The success of the club fundraising team, over £2000 raised so far this year (Up to September) for various charities including the Japan Tsunami Relief, Clic Sargent and Sport/Comic Relief.
- Fundraising for the club has allowed us to pay for almost all travelling to external training courses/events so far this year (Over £3000 so far)
- Hall Hire Increases at Belle Vue Sports Centre & General increases in operating costs (due in part to the 20% vat rate) have led to a slight increase in lesson prices, effective from 1st October. 1 hour = £3.50(+50p) / 1.5 hours = £4.00 (+50p) / 2 hours = £5.00 (+£1.50). Pay Monthly will continue to be offered as a reward to those who wish to train more frequently.
- Committee Personnel – The club is now looking for additional volunteers to help out, and perhaps become members of the committee, please speak to Julie Salmons for more information.
- AGM – set for Wednesday 9th November at Owton Manor Primary School, 7-9pm. All items for the agenda must be submitted in writing/via email no later than Friday 21st October.
- Lesson Plans are continuing to be used effectively, we’ve now adopted a streamlined ‘schedule of work’ which simplifies the process significantly. For more information on this please speak to an instructor.
- Grading Application Forms: These are now compulsory for ALL students wishing to take a belt test.
- 2012 Events – Some HW dates have been set already, we are awaiting confirmation of event dates from Aiwakai to finalise the rest.